Friday, May 11, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...



When life gives you lemons...wear a dress!  At least that is what my three year old thinks.  Wearing a dress to her seems to make everything in the world right.  I'm pretty sure Sofia would wear a dress or skirt everyday.  Since she loves her dresses and skirts I have decided to make her a bunch for this summer.  I have kind of gotten a late start on them.  I have gotten a few skirts sewn up since those are a fast easy sew, but I have been lacking on my dress making.




I decided one night that I was going to get this dress made.  I was a little short on the width of the lemon print fabric though.  I was debating on what to do about that and I decided to just go ahead and use it.  The skirt isn't as gathered as it is supposed to be but, I think it turned out okay.

The pattern came from the book Making Baby's Clothes by Rob Merrett.  I have several projects from this book on my to sew list.  I hope to be making Adeline a dress soon.


The dress isn't a form fitting dress like Sofia is so used to.  She claims this dress is too big.  I agree it probably could be a little smaller through the shoulders and waist.  I think I may make a 2T and see how that fits on her.  If it is too small then I will save the dress for Addie or I will give it to our niece, Lea.  The dress looks really comfy though, perfect for playing. 


That's right she went right to playing in the dirt.  Since we haven't planted our garden yet she has been playing where the garden is supposed to be.  


She was one dirty little girl and surprisingly the dress stayed clean for the most part.  I finally told her she needed to go inside and put on some play clothes if she was going to dig in the dirt.



Isn't this what the spring and summer months are supposed to be like for a little girl?  Nothing in the world to care about except for playing in the dirt.







No comments: