Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Skirts!

I have been so busy sewing lately and I love it!  In anticipation of warm weather I have made Sofia five skirts.  I have no doubt that more skirts will be made before summer arrives.
 


 I made a few out of fabric I already had on hand and some I made to match shirts that I bought for Sofia for this summer.  I used the book Little Girls, Big Style as a guide for these cute little skirts.


I made this skirt out of fabric I bought to make an apron out of, but that hasn't happened yet.  I do have fabric left over so a little apron for Sofia might have to come out it.

I made this skirt for a giraffe shirt and leggings set that I bought for Sofia.  Sofia loves pocket so I put a pocket on a few of them.  She was putting all kinds of things in this little pocket.

 

I made this skirt to go with a shirt that I bought for her on clearance at Old Navy.  The shirt has a mermaid with a treasure box that says "I am Daddy's Treasure".  I really wanted a blue and white striped skirt for her, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  This still looks cute with her shirt. 
I love the print on this skirt.  To me it screams summer and I love it!


I love the lemons on this fabric and I thought it would be a perfect summer skirt.  The bottom of this skirt is a little different than the others because I put a ruffle on the bottom.  I am also pleased with how the green pocket and ruffle look with the yellow lemons.  I am glad I chose the green and not yellow.
 
So, warm spring weather please come fast.  We are all ready.

1 comment:

Michaela T. said...

Those skirts are adorable!