Fall is peaking its nose around the corner. I can feel it and I am starting to see it. For the first time in almost three months the school buses were lined out in front of our house waiting to drop off the kids at the school around the corner. This morning on our walk the cool air almost had that autumn smell to it. Acorns are falling from the trees and the squirrels are starting to stock up on their food. Yes, I think autumn will be here before we know it and that is okay by me. Summer used to be my favorite season, but within the last couple years it has changed to autumn. I love the cool crisp air, the sound of marching bands practicing, the colors the leaves bring to us, and pumpkin patches. I'm ready to trade my shorts in for jeans and my tang-tops for hoodies.
I think our little girl is about ready for the season change too. She has found that she loves acorns. A collection of them is lying in a bowl in our kitchen right now. I'm not sure exactly what we will do with them all, but I am sure I will figure something out. She collects them on our walks or when we are playing at the park.
No comments:
Post a Comment