Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grape Jelly

Our house came with a grapevine and after living in our house for four years we finally decided to do something with them.  I think it took so long because I have always been kind of intimidated by jelly and jam making.  I didn't grow up canning or making jelly.  The only thing we did was freeze sweet corn and I really did not like that day.  I must say my husband did a lot of the jelly making and if it wasn't for his help I probably wouldn't have done it, but now that I know how to do it I could probably do it myself.  I'm not so intimidated by it now.

I had help picking the grapes from the girls, okay just Sofia helped.  I ended up giving Addie her pacifier because she kept wanting to put the grapes in her mouth and then I moved her into the wagon because the pacifier wasn't working.  I'll be glad when she gets out of put everything in the mouth stage.




It is pretty amazing how this...


can become this...



Now we have eight jars of jelly!  Which is good because we go through jelly really fast in this house.  Sofia and Daddy both love their PB and J sandwiches and I like putting it on my toast.  I can't wait to try it out.  We are going to have to wait though.  We still have half a jar of store bought in the refrigerator that we want to use up first.



   

No comments: