Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"I'm Okay" or Maybe Not

All day long I literally hear "I'm okay!" coming out of our oldest's mouth.  She is constantly falling, bumping, and hitting something, all day.  Last week we did not hear those words.  She was running around the house as usual and she dives into the couch as usual, but this time she hurt her wrist.  She stopped crying and we thought all was well.  She ended up falling asleep on the couch right before supper; I decided to let her sleep a little while longer.  Brian, Adeline, and I ate and then Brian left for his softball game.  When I woke Sofia up to eat supper and then go to the softball game she cried for about a half hour.  She wouldn't tell me why so I took it as I woke her and she wasn't ready to wake up.  She calmed down and ate just a little bit for supper and we went to the softball game.  We sat down on a blanket with a friend, but when Sofia sat down she started to cry again and she finally let me know that her wrist was hurting.  I took her to the ER and it turned out she had fractured her wrist.  The doctor put a splint on it and on Thursday a pink cast was put on.




Her wrist hasn't hurt her since that Monday and she hasn't complained once about her cast.  We go back to the doctor in two and half weeks to have the cast taken off and her wrist re-x-rayed.  I really hope we don't see any more broken bones in the future, but the way Sofia is this may just be the beginning.


No comments: