Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Perfect Day for a Three Year Old

Sofia was such a good girl while Brian was away overnight for work that I decided to reward her with a picnic.  We took our McDonalds and went to Spring Lake.  It was a beautiful day to do it too.


Even though it was almost 80 degrees out Sofia insisted on wearing her sweater jacket.  She was so sweaty, but refused to take it off.




Isn't she stylin' in her sunglasses?  We bought them from The Children's Place.  They are size 0-2 and they are still too big for her.  They do fit her better than her previous ones though.


 Little miss Adeline slept the whole time.  I think she liked the warmth of the sun on her.

After we ate lunch I put Addie in my front carrier and we walked down to the creek.  Sofia had fun throwing in rocks and sticks.  It was hard deciding which ones to throw in.  Three rocks became save worthy and are now added to her rock collection.






When we walked back to the van we found a dandelion.  Finding the dandelion was the cherry on top of her day.  She had to run and find more, but we didn't see anymore.  



On our way back to the van we also had to take a look at the lake to see if we could find any ducks or geese.  We didn't see any where we were at, but as we were leaving the park we saw two.


When we got to the van I let Sofia play in a puddle that was next to us while I buckled Addie in her carseat.  

 


I think today was a success.  Sofia came home filthy and she fell asleep on the short ride home from the park.  I believe this was a pretty perfect day for her.







No comments: