Saturday, January 7, 2012

Three Shirts Made for Addie

I have been busy sewing lately whenever I have the chance.  Especially since I got a new book for Christmas filled with wonderful clothes to make for both Addie and Sofie.  The book is Making Baby Clothes by Rob Merrett.  When I saw the Hello Petal top I knew I had to make it for Addie


These shirts came together so easily.  They are size three months and fit her really well except the sleeves are a little long and I have a feeling she is going to outgrow the length fast.  I plan on making it in six month and nine month for her too.  I did make the gray and pink one a little longer than the others by adding the band around the bottom so maybe she will be able to wear it a little longer and I could I suppose do that to the others to get a little longer life out of them.

 I love taking a pattern, tweeking it and having it become my own.  I added something little to each of the shirts.  There is not a defined front or back to the shirt so I did something to each one to make it have a defined front and back.  I think they turned out absolutely cute!







I must say I love the miss matched vintage buttons on the bird top.  It has to be my favorite one.

Now I just need to make Sofia some shirts.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Your fabric is always so cute. The shirts are adorable.