Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mama Bird Nest Necklace

So I never really make anything for myself.  I am always crafting something for the girls or someone else.  The other day though when I was on Pinterest (I admit I am completely addicted to it) I came across a pin for a mama bird necklace tutorial.  I had to give it a try and it turned out beautiful.  I had all materials already here at home so it was no extra expense to make myself a new necklace.  I wish I had some darker beads though.  The pink is almost too light.  I do need to get a little heavier chain for it too, but I'm pretty sure I already have one.  I just grabbed the first one I could find in my jewelry box.



I thought it turned out pretty and if you want to see the tutorial on how to make one here is the link http://www.lovestitched.com/guest-tutorial/how-to-make-a-momma-bird-necklace-guest-tutorial/

It is pretty easy and I actually made mine in the first half hour of watching NCIS on Tuesday night.  I'm thinking about making more for gifts.  It would make a great Mother's day present.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Love this! Thanks for the link. I think I may try to make one. I have some new shirts and can't find any jewelry I like. This may be a solution. :)