After the zoo on Friday we walked over to see Lake Michigan. Sofia loved all the rocks and shells along the beach. I sat on the wall along the bike/running path to rest while Brian took Sofia exploring. I did join them later.
 |
"Mommy, look at this little baby rock."
|


Saturday morning Brian ran in the Urbanathalon. I am so upset with myself because I didn't get any pictures of Brian doing any obstacles. I should have gotten a picture of him at the military hurdles, but I was entertaining Sofia and watching for Brian at the same time (watching for his yellow head band. Do you know how popular yellow head bands are? Very!) and wouldn't you know I was talking to Sofia and Brian went right past us. He saw us though so he came over to us to say hi and to let me know I missed him. After we saw him we made our way back to the finish, but the road that was closed off at the start of the race was now open. We had to walk all the way down to a light to cross the road and then fight through all the people to see the finish and we got there three minutes too late. Brian had already crossed the finish line. I felt so bad. He did great though. He finished in 1 hour and 47 minutes. About fifteen minutes earlier than last year!
 |
| This obstacle was right after the military hurdles. They had to crawl under the jeeps. This picture was taken obviously before the runners came. |
 |
| Military hurdles |
 |
| This is Brian shortly after he crossed the finish line! How he found Sofia and I through all those people I will never know. |
After the race we ate lunch and then headed for home. It was a nice little mini vacation for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment