Monday, October 24, 2011

Our Puppy

As Brian has posted in the last post, we did get a puppy.  I really don't know why I agreed to this, but I am kind of glad I did.  He is such a sweet dog and so far he has been very easy to house train (YEAH!!!).  He is a yellow Labrador Retriever and we are thinking of naming him Tanner.  We have been trying that name out since we got home.  He is six weeks old, so he is still very much a baby.

We had talked about getting a dog eventually (did you notice I said dog, not puppy), but I didn't think we would get one this soon.  The opportunity fell into our lap though and Brian really wanted one of these puppies.  I didn't want a puppy because I knew I was going to be the one to house break it, but like I said he has been fairly easy with only a few accidents.  We are keeping him in the kitchen until he is completely house trained.

Sofia likes her new puppy, but he likes to play a little more rough than what she likes.  When we are outside she is always finding him sticks to play with so he won't chase her or try and chew on her shoes.  I think these two will become great friends.  Sofia is such a huge animal lover that I think once she gets used to him being around she will love him like her kitties.

Speaking of the cats, Hunter could care less and Tanner feels the same way.  Noel on the other hand tries to creep up to get a closer look, but when Tanner moves she takes off running.  I have a feeling though in a week Hunter and Tanner will be playmates.  Especially now that they are the same size.









1 comment:

Michaela T. said...

He looks a lot like the puppy from Marley and Me, but it sounds like he is a lot less trouble!