Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baby Update

On Friday I will be 26 weeks along!  This pregnancy seems to be going by so fast.  December doesn't seem so far away now.

Today I had an appointment to check for gestational diabetes and afterward I had a sonogram.  The testing was not fun.  I felt very sick almost right after I drank the juice (if you can call it that) and I had to lay down.  After the nurse drew my blood I got to eat and felt so much better after I got some food in my belly.  Several hours later I still feel a little yucky though.

I was supposed to have the sonogram right after my blood was drawn, but the OB Doctor ended up having to do an emergency C-Section and he was the only one there today that could do the sonogram.  An hour later I got to go in for the sonogram.  Brian and Sofia got to be there too, but Brian wouldn't have missed it for anything.

The doctor had a hard time getting a good look at the head because the baby kept moving its head or had a hand up to the head, but we did get to see the tiny eyes, nose, and mouth. Everything is developing fine and the baby is two pounds and in the 75th percentile.  He estimates the baby will be a little over seven pounds.  A little bit bigger than what Sofia was, but not much.  We also got to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl.  Let's just say be on the lookout for some really cute baby girl makings.  I have a couple ideas in mind already for her.

The top sonogram picture shows that we are having a girl and the bottom is her face.



The next question is always the name.  We do have a name picked out.  She will be Addie!  Adeline Elizabeth will be her whole name.  Adeline was in our top three girl names when I was pregnant with Sofia and we still really like it.  We had other names that we were considering, but I kept going back to Adeline and Addie and I knew I would regret not giving our little girl that name.  The middle name was probably the easiest to come up with.  We wanted a middle name that was a family name and since Sofia's middle name is from my side we wanted one from Brian's side this time.  My mother-in-laws middle name is Elizabeth and so we thought it would be the perfect middle name for our little girl.

We are looking forward to meeting our little Addie.

1 comment:

Michaela T. said...

Congrats! I bet Sofia is thrilled!