Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Made Myself Something!

I am always making clothes for Sofia, but I never make myself anything.  I had plans to make myself a dress for this summer, but that did not work out.  The pattern will have to wait another year to get used.  Anyway, I stumbled upon a blog just for making your own maternity clothes!  I fell in love with so many of her ideas that more shirts, maybe a skirt or dress will be made.  You can find the blog at DIY Maternity. 

This first time around I went with what I thought would be the easiest and quickest to make.


I will certainly be making more of these!  Especially since I am mostly a t-shirt kind of girl.  I made this shirt in literally about 15 minutes.  It is made from a men's t-shirt.  Most of the work was already done for me.  I just added the v-neck and elastic.  I went through a box of shirts that Brian wasn't wanting anymore and found this green one.  I will be able to get double duty out of this shirt too as it will be a great nursing top once baby comes.

19 weeks and 4 days
 
 

2 comments:

Leslie Apel said...

Super Cute Shasta!!! And by the way- you are looking fabulous! :-)

Tammy Miller said...

I like that. Can you send me better instructions.