Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Victorian Garden Top

Is not this top absolutely sweet?  I love how this top turned out and it is so cute on our little girl.  The fabric reminds me of the Victorian Era so that is how I came up with the name.  When I saw the material I knew I had to have it.  The turquoise fabric on the top, bottom, and pockets is going into another project that I am equally excited about.  

I bought the pattern a few weeks ago when I went antique shopping with my mom and aunt.  There was a box full of patterns from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.  I snatched up several and I am looking forward to using them all.  This pattern though is a Simplicity size 2 from 1965. 
I have come to love this pattern.  The top was so easy to sew up and it is very versatile so I was able to add my own ideas to it.  I wanted this top to last a while, since our little girl grows like a weed, so I added the no sew hem on the bottom to give it a little bit more length .  It goes a little above her knees right now perfect for this spring with leggings, capris, or jeans.  I'm thinking a cute cardigan and jeans for the fall would be nice.


I was wanting to have our photo shoot outside, but the weather is not cooperating with me.  I decided to just have our photo shoot inside since the next nice day wont be here till Saturday.  Sofia loves her new shirt and was an excellent little model for me.  I am usually not that lucky to get her to work with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top looks adorable on Sofia! It is so cool how you got the title on the picture like that.
-Michaela

Val Butler said...

Adorable! I LOVE the style!