Monday, January 17, 2011

Sofia's Birthday Party

We had family and friends come over on Saturday to celebrate Sofia's birthday.  We had such a good time and Sofia really enjoyed it.  She is still at the age where she doesn't completely understand what is going on, but we kept telling her it was her birthday.  So she knew something was going up and it was going to be a special day.

The pictures are all out of order.

 Sofia dug right into her cake!  She especially liked the icing.

 I made birthday hats for the kids in attendance, but only two showed up and they didn't want them.  They turned out really cute though and I had fun making them.  Since we still have them I am going to put them in our dress up basket.

 Sofia's special birthday party hat.  She did wear hers!

 I made these cupcakes and decorated them with raspberry toadstools.  The raspberries were a little top heavy though and kept falling over.  Oh well, they were still cute and to my understanding very good.


Sofia wore a red tutu with red leggings.  I also did an applique of a toadstool on her shirt.  I was so busy getting everything ready that I didn't take a picture of it.  Can you believe how long her hair is though?!

 Birthday cake made by my mom's friend Amy.  The top one is Sofia's very own cake.

She couldn't wait to get her little fingers into the icing.

 Our big girl blowing out candles and eating her cake.


  All in all the day was a success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD FUN. WISH WE COULD OF BEEN THERE. TELL SOFIA HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR ME.
-MICHAELA