Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Playing in the Snow

We had received several inches of snow this Christmas and when we were in Lee's Summit, Mo I think it had snowed a foot! When I was a kid I loved playing in the snow, but now that I am older it makes me want to sit inside, sip hot chocolate, and read a book. I think the snow is really pretty, but somewhere along the way I have lost the childhood love of snow. Our nieces and nephew love playing in the snow and so we pulled on our snow boots with several layers of socks, put on hats and gloves, and tromped around in the snow. I had so much fun taking pictures of the kids having fun in the snow. Sofia did not like the snow so I didn't get a picture of her in it. Brian tried to get her to feel it and the poor girl just cried. Maybe next year.

Michaela with the sled.
I really like how this picture turned out. Michaela loves her stocking cap so when I went through to edit the pictures I wanted to have the focus on her hat.
I really like this picture of Madeline. She was making a snow angel!

Brian sledding down the 'hill'.
Chris thought he might be able to pull the kids in the sled behind his scooter. The guys had fun slipping and sliding.
Carter going down the 'hill'. The kids were pretty worn out from playing outside.

Soon before everyone came inside from playing the electricity went off so we had to come up with something to do and a place to eat dinner. We went to a park that had a bunch of Christmas lights and then we went to Culvers for supper. It seems when things like this happen these are the memories you keep.

No comments: