Saturday, January 17, 2009

9 Days Early

On January 16th at 5:45 a.m. we welcomed 6lb 11oz Sofia Mae into the world. I was woken up by very strong contractions and I knew it was time. I was in labor for a little over 4 hours and half of that time was pushing. I was a wimp and had an epidural. I wasn't planning on having one, but the pain was too much. I had a great husband and nurse though who encouraged me through the whole thing. We had brought an iPod shuffle with some relaxing music on it. My ob-gyn and nurse were both impressed and grateful with my music selection. They said it was refreshing to be in the delivery room listening to Christian worship music. It was nice knowing that the doc and the nurse are both christians.

We have had many wonderful family and friends come and visit. My parents were there just after the baby was born. Brian's parents came later that morning and Daniel came Sat. after lunch and is staying until Sunday. Thank you to everyone that was able to come and visit and for the help many of you have given and will give.

































No comments: