Our curriculum consists of ABC Jesus Loves Me, a preschool workbook, and preschool packs that I have found on many different homeschooling blogs (I will list my favorites at the end of this post). Sofia loves doing the preschool packs. She wants to keep doing them even after we have finished everything from it.
She is getting so good at her writing, but she doesn't like practicing so I have been trying to come up with some creative ways of doing that. Her handwriting is improving though just in these few short months that we have been doing 'school'. She loves sorting and is very good at it. Something that she has improved in greatly since we started doing preschool packs is patterns.
Last week we were doing the Fall Fun preschool pack from 1+1+1=1.
Here she is sorting leaves.
We also focus on a book each week. last week we read Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner. Sofia really liked the book and after reading it several times she was able to 'read' along with us.
We usually do a craft to go along with the book so last week we made a house for the bears. I can't take credit for the house and I wish I remembered where I got the idea from so I could give credit where credit is due, but all I know is that it came from a blog that a teacher kept. Ha, vague I know.
Sofia is getting so good at using the scissors. She improves each and every time she uses them.
To go along with the house I printed off Goldilocks and three little bears paper nesting toy. They fit nicely inside the house when she is done playing with them.
Sofia didn't want to color the bear family and Goldilocks, but it is still cute.
I am going to try to post more on what we are doing for preschool. Maybe show what we have done from the week?
As promised here are my favorite blogs where I get most of our preschool packs from.

No comments:
Post a Comment