Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Let the Fall Festivities Begin!

The cool air, the changing leaves, pumpkins, bonfires, roasting marshmallows.  Those are just a few things that come to mind when I think of Fall.  I think this time of the year is wonderful and partly because there are so many festivals during this time of year.  We got to go to one festival this past weekend in Clinton, Illinois.

The Pork and Apple Festival.  I do believe the festival keeps getting bigger.


We looked at many antiques.  Some things we wish we could of come home with, but maybe one day when we have it in our budget or even when a need arises, but for now it is just as fun to look as it is to buy.  Along with fun things to look at there is also good food.  Sofia and Adeline shared a corn dog, but the real treat was the apple pie after lunch.  You can't go to an Apple and Pork festival without eating apple pie and pulled pork sandwiches.


After the Pork and Apple Festival we made a pit stop at a pumpkin patch before heading back to my parent's.  We had been trying to fit a pumpkin patch into our busy schedule and this turned out to be the perfect time since it was on the way. 



The girls had a lot of fun playing in the corn box they had set up.  We had to keep Addie's pacifier in her mouth or otherwise she would have eaten the corn.






We then got a wagon and went out searching for the perfect pumpkins.  Sofia wanted a small one and I decided I wanted to be different this year and pick out a white one.






I got my white pumpkin!


We had a wonderful time at both the festival and pumpkin patch.

















No comments: