Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Incredibly Easy Enchiladas

I have gotten behind on blogging.  So many things going on right now.  This week should be a little slower and I am making it my goal to get all caught up on my blogging.   

It has also been forever since I posted a recipe.  I thought I would start off the week with this easy one.  I tend to make the same meal over and over again.  I kind of get in a rut, but when I came across this recipe I had to try it.  I am always looking to try a simple meal with simple ingredients that end up being delicious.  I am a picky eater so to say this has become one of my favorite meals is saying a lot.  I also like this recipe because it is something Sofia can help me make in the kitchen and she really likes this meal too.  The biscuits are her favorite part.


Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground beef or turkey (I have made it with both.  Honestly I can't tell the difference between the two.)
  • 1 10 oz. can of enchilada sauce
  • 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of refrigerator biscuits
  • 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I like to use a Mexican mix, but it doesn't matter)
Preheat oven to 350
  1. The first step is to brown your beef or turkey and drain.
  2. Mix the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and beef/turkey together
  3. Next cut the refrigerator biscuits into fourths and mix them in with the enchilada mixture
  4. Dump the mixture into a greased casserole dish
  5. Bake for thirty minutes or until the biscuits are cooked
  6. Sprinkle on the cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
 Enjoy!

No comments: