Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Wrap Play Dress



I love being able to make my girls some new clothes.  Especially when I can make a dress for $5.  I have been wanting to make Sofia a wrap dress for a while now and I finally got around to doing it the other day.  The pattern came from the book Fabric-by-Fabric: One Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins.  I checked the book out from the library.  It has tissue paper patterns and I could have cut the pattern out I needed (the library gave permission to do it), but I didn't think it would be fair for me to cut out the pattern when someone else might want to make the same dress, but need it in a different size.  Then they couldn't make the dress.  With that said I traced the pattern.  That probably took longer than actually sewing it all together.  Oh well and I will always have the pattern for this dress.

 The dress came together so easily.  It took me an hour and a half to get it all sewn together.  I love doing projects that don't take too long to make.  The 3T is almost too big, but she needed the length and maybe by summer it will fit her a little better.  I could always move the buttons too to make it fit smaller.



The only thing I need to fix is the elastic cords for the buttons.  I made them a little too long so the loops keep coming off the buttons.  At least it is a simple fix.


I normally would not have chosen this fabric, but I let Sofia pick it out.  She of course did not like any of my suggestions.  I must though her choice of fabric didn't surprise me.  It is totally Sofie.


She was having so much fun running around outside on this beautiful day we had.



I'm hoping to make her at least one more of this dress.

We of course can't forget about Addie.  I didn't make her a dress (I would of if they had her size though), but she was outside with us for a little bit after her nap.  She was trying to open her eyes, but the sun was just too bright.


 

No comments: