As promised here are more pictures of our new baby girl. I don't know if you like reading or hearing about birth stories or not, but after Sofia was born I was asked by several people what her story was so I have included here along with the pictures Addie's birth story.
We had a feeling she was going to come early, but we thought just a few days or a week before her due date or even a few days before Christmas at the earliest, but she didn't want to wait that long. At 36 weeks we were caught off guard! Labor started December 4th around 2:00 a.m. and then at 9:18 p.m. she entered the world. We really weren't expecting the labor to last that long. Around five that night they were going to give me the option of going home or staying at the hospital, but after I was told my options I was checked to see how far along I was and my options were canceled. I was staying and delivering her that night. They broke my water around 8:00 and that is when things really started moving along. At 9:18 Adeline Elizabeth was born weighing 6 lbs 2 ounces and 19 1/4 inches long. I was told by my doctor that if she went full term she would have been 8 pounds! Maybe it was a good thing she came a little early. She was born perfectly healthy and the only thing they were a little concerned about was her blood sugar. Her blood sugar was a little low (I was told it was normal for a preemie), but after nursing a few times and a little bit of formula (the nurses also found when feeding her a bottle that she does NOT like the bottle. They really had to struggle and said it was a good thing she was going to be breast fed other wise we might have a problem).
Sofia is a proud big sister. When Addie is crying (especially during a diaper change) Sofia will give her a blanket or stuffed animal to help soothe her. She hasn't paid a huge amount attention to her yet, but I think once things settle down and we get into our routine again she will be an even bigger help.
We got to go home on the 6th! I was so glad to get to go home and get settled to being a family of four.
I am currently working on her newborn pictures and I am excited to be able to share them with you in the next couple days.
1 comment:
She is beautiful! Rebekah never liked a bottle either. (And Benjamin only liked them if they were really really warm). I can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment