One of my favorite holiday traditions is making Grandma's Sugar Cookies. I have been complemented on these cookies so many times and I am always asked what recipe I use. The answer is a recipe that has been handed down. My Great Grandmother used this recipe and we are unsure of where she got it. We don't know if it was handed down to her or if she had come across it somewhere. All we know is that it makes delicious cookies that are fun to decorate. Since it is a family recipe I am keeping it that way, so sorry no recipe this time. I like having a secret family recipe and knowing that it came from Grandma G.G. is special.
We had fun making these cookies this week. I let Sofia and the six year old boy I watch decorate a bunch. We got out m&m's, sprinkles, and Robin Egg Candy. Messes were made. Icing in hair, sprinkles flying all over, and cookie crumbs all over the table. I take it as a sign of a good time. I do believe for every one m&m that went on Sofia's cookie two went into her mouth (m&m's are her favorite after all). We tend to not do sweets a lot so this has been a big treat.
 |
| The icing and candy on top are much better than the actual cookie. At least according to Sofia. |
 |
| Joel went for the ear first. |
 |
| Sofia realized she had icing all over her face. She doesn't like to get too messy. |
I had fun decorating the cookies too.
No comments:
Post a Comment