Saturday, January 29, 2011

Violet

 I made these two cat dolls using the Violet Bit of Whimsy Doll Pattern (you can check out her website HERE).  When I first saw this doll I knew Sofia had to have one and then I saw that I could purchase the pattern to make one myself for her.  Well, I have had this pattern since July.  My original thinking was to make one for Sofia for Christmas.  Well of course Christmas has come and gone and still no Violet.  I thought for her birthday I will get it done.  Nope.  It just didn't happen.  I finally decided to sew all the projects I have been wanting to get done, but haven't done yet.  Violet was on top of that list.  I have never made a doll or stuffed animal before so this was a challenge for me.  They actually came together nicely and was a little easier than I was expecting.  I did have a little trouble getting the legs sewn on, but I found a solution.  I decided to hand sew them on first and then I went back and machined sewed.  That made it a lot easier and released some of the stress I was feeling trying to get the legs on.



I just love their cheery little faces.  The yellow one is Sofia's and the pink one is a birthday gift for the little girl I watch.  I am hoping these dolls get lots of love. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!! They turned out beautifully!

Valerie said...

Oops! I guess I left my comment anonymously!!