Friday, November 19, 2010

Diapers for Dana

Dana the doll that is.  Sofia is slowly starting to play with dolls.  A couple months ago when we were visiting my family we brought home Dana, she was one of my dolls when I was young.  She isn't in the best of shape.  Her face has marker on it, one eye lid is messed up, and she isn't very clean, but she was very much loved by me.  I am hoping she will be loved for many more years by Sofia.  My original thought was to make Dana some new clothes to spruce up her wardrobe, but Sofia never leaves the clothes on her anyway so I decided to hold off on the clothes.  I decided instead to make her diapers.  I have found that that was a better decision.  It is so cute watching Sofia change her baby's diaper.  She takes the diaper off, wipes her bottom and says 'poopy', puts the diaper back on and repeat.  She will spend a good half hour just taking off and putting back on the diaper.

I made the white and yellow polka dot one from a scrap piece of fabric.  I have always liked that fabric and have held on to all my scraps .  The other came from a pair of pajama pants.  I really liked the pattern of the pj's and wanted to use the fabric for something.
It took me a half hour at the most to make one.  I plan on making her more for Dana sometime and maybe Dana needs a bib or two also.

If anyone wants the pattern I used I will gladly post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would love the pattern
-Michaela