Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chex Mix Recipe

I am completely addicted to chex mix.  I don't buy it very often because it is so expensive and I don't mind making it, but I always seem to burn it.  Until I found this recipe.  The chex mix is made in the crockpot.  I know, kind of weird, but it works.  I have made it three times to far within a week and a half time span.  I got the recipe from  Make it Fast, Cook it Slow, but I did make a few changes.  This recipe is with my changes.

The recipe calls for:
4 cups Rice Chex (I used corn chex and she called for 5 cups, but because I added cheerios I reduced it by a cup)
1 cup Cheerios
1-2 cups dry roasted peanuts
2 cups of pretzel sticks
 1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt (we don't have any so I didn't add it)
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
  • Put butter into the bottom of the crockpot.  I put the crockpot on high and had the butter melt before I put in all other ingredients.
  • When butter is melted turn the crockpot on low and add in the onion powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.  Stir it all together.
  • Add in the Chex, Cheerios, peanuts, and pretzels.  Mix it all together.
  • Put the lid on and leave.  Leave in the crockpot 2-3 hours, stirring every 45 minutes or so.
  • When done pour onto wax paper to cool.

No comments: