Saturday, July 10, 2010
Wonderful Makings
Last week we went into The Treadle in Bloomington, IL (I wish they had a website, but they don't). It is an amazing fabric store. There is fabric from floor to ceiling with single file aisles. I was planning on taking a picture so you all could see it, but I left my camera in the car. Anyway, I got some fun wonderful fabric. When I have had the chance I have been creating. So far I have made a tote and an apron, but many other fun stuff is in the planning.
The tote is my sister's birthday present. I asked her to look at pictures to find what kind of bag she wanted. She had found a wonderful artisan on etsy, kinies. She liked one of her totes so I took the idea and ran with it. My sister picked out the fabric she wanted me to use. I think it turned out rather nice.
The apron I made is for our soon to be chef, Sofia. I made the apron big so she can wear it for years to come. She can use it in the kitchen when she is helping mama or daddy or she can use it when she plays kitchen with all her fun play food. The problem is though she will not put it on. She got very upset with me when I tried to put it on her and she got very upset with me when I was taking pictures of it because it is hers. For her apron I did not use a pattern I just went by the apron I have and just made it miniature. I thought this Eric Carle fabric was perfect for an apron and I plan on using the left over (I bought 1 1/2 yards of it. I couldn't help myself) for another surprise for Sofia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment