It is only June and I am running out of ideas to do with two toddlers and a five year old. But no worries because the internet is full of ideas. I came across the homemade sidewalk paint several weeks ago and I have been wanting to make it ever since. The kids had so much fun and I had fun watching them. I ended up taking so many pictures. Sofia kept squeezing the sponge and watching the liquid seep out. Joel had a whole story line that went with what he was painting.
To make the paint all you need is to mix 1/4 cup corn starch, 1/4 cup water, and food coloring together. Items that are already on hand. I also liked this because it is very toddler friendly. When it dries on clothes or hands it is very chalky and wipes right off and it is nontoxic. The kids were covered in the paint; always a good sign of a fun time.
This is Joel's picture he painted. The story is that it is a building with lots of houses, factories, and people. The rain is what makes the buildings. You gotta love the imagination that kids have.
I even got in with the fun!
2 comments:
That looks like something we'll have to try. The boys love playing with cornstarch and water together as it does some weird stuff. I think it's more cornstarch to less water makes a weird goop to play with. I'll have to look that up
Here's a video for the goo http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/content/science-video/cornstarch-goo
Post a Comment