Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yummo!


I have decided to share a recipe with you all once a week. We'll see how long I can keep it up. I have been trying to be more daring and open minded in eating new things. I figure I am expecting our daughter to eat it so I should try to a little bit. I even made stir fry a few weeks ago. gasp.... I know!

Texas Open Face Burgers with Homemade French Fries (serves 4)

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
roughly 2 Tbls of finely chopped onion
1 tsp of minced garlic
BBQ sauce
shredded colby jack cheese
4 slices of garlic Texas toast

In a bowl combine the hamburger, onion, and garlic. Mix up well and then divide into four hamburger patties. We grilled ours out on the grill, but it can be done on stove top too. When the burgers were about done we brushed on the BBQ sauce on both sides. Then the shredded cheese was added on top.

Meanwhile make the garlic bread according to the package.

Place the burgers on top of the toast and enjoy!

For the fries I used sweet potatoes and white potatoes. I cut them into fries and then sprayed olive oil on them and then I put on Riley's seasoning (you can use your favorite seasoning) and baked. I turned them over once in a while.

This recipe was absolutely yummo (to quote Rachael Ray)!

No comments: