Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honey and Garlic Dinner Rolls

This recipes comes from the magazine Simple and Delicious

2-2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 pkg. quick rise yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
2 Tbsp plus 4 tsp. butter, divided
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tsp. honey
1/8 tsp. garlic salt

  • In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add water and 2 Tbsp. butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese (I didn't put very much cheese ours since Sofie can't have a lot) and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

  • Turn onto a lightly flour surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

  • Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9 in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 min.

  • Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt, and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Enjoy!

Even though I didn't use a lot of cheese (I only used a small hand full of cheese) I could still taste the cheese. The honey and garlic glaze on top makes the rolls though. I don't know if it was something I did, but the tops of the rolls got a little soft or soggy from the glaze. I stuck them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp the tops back up. I am definitely going to have to make these again.

No comments: