Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gatlinburg, TN : Day 1

This is our first experience traveling with a little toddler, but she did great on the long drive down here. We made it without a fuss! Since she slept a lot in the car she was not in a hurry to get to bed last night though. She was very restless.

Today we went to the Great Smoky Mountains only to find that the road was closed due to ice and fallen trees. There were a few trails by the visitor center though that we were able to walk. I meant to take my mei tai baby carrier, but I forgot it in the hotel room, but we were able to get her stroller down the path.

Isn't this so pretty? There was just a dusting of snow on everything.

This is a really neat old tree.
Brian pushing Sofia along the bridge. There was one spot where we did have to take her out of the stroller and I carried her while Brian carried the stroller, but it was very short.

Our path led us to a waterfall!



We decided to walk back to the visitor's center another way and came across this old cemetery. The death date on the tall one I believe says 1901.

We also went to the aquarium today! I haven't been to an aquarium since jr. high so this was really neat to see. I was just amazed once again to see God's creativity in His creation. Sofia only had a short nap before the aquarium so she ended up falling asleep before we left. I think the dark rooms, the music, and watching the fish relaxed her to sleep.

Sofia in awe of all the fish.


This was in the tunnel. It was so neat to see all the fish swimming all around us. We got to see sharks swimming above us!

We got to touch a horseshoe crab.

I thought the jellyfish were absolutely beautiful!

This is a sea dragon. Isn't it neat?

One of my favorite underwater creatures, sea horse.

No comments: