Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flubber!!

We made flubber today! I had never made it and I thought it would be fun to make with Joel. It was super easy. I got the recipe from a web site. www.familycrafts.about.com and then I did a search. I first googled how to make homemade goo.

The Recipe:

Mixture 1- 3/4 cups warm water
1 cup Elmers glue
Food Coloring

Mixture 2- 2 tsp. Borax
1/2 cup warm water

Stir mixture 1 together in 1 bowl and stir mixture 2 in another bowl. Make sure they are mixed well. Pour mixture 1 into mixture 2. You don't even need to stir it together. Just stick your hands into the goo, pull it out, and knead it for a few minutes. You have flubber. Make sure hands are washed each time you play with it. It will eventually go bad (mold).

I wish I had taken pictures of us making it for picture step by step, but it is easy to make. I had halved the recipe just because I didn't want to use up all our glue, but I think a full recipe would have been too much so I am glad we only made half.

The flubber
Joel with his flubber. His flubber had to be blue.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Awesome! I am so going to have to try this!!

Natalie said...

I made some! The boys love it. Weird stuff.