I have enjoyed having a garden this summer and next years will hopefully be better since this year was our first. We have also had a very wet summer so we ended up with not as many watermelon as we thought we would and our squash is blooming, but no squash.
Our watermelon is big and ready to pick. We are going to eat it tonight! We have two more that aren't ready to be picked yet.
Sofia and I were picking carrots. Next year she will be able to 'help' me in the garden. She liked feeling the dirt, grass, and the tops of the carrots. She loves feeling different textures and studying the object she is feeling. She becomes so serious when she is around something new.
The carrots I had picked. We still have more in our garden, but they aren't ready to be picked yet. Some will be canned and some will be made into baby food soon. I had fun playing in the dirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment